Rat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Everyone!

Yes, you read right - my great big hoodie, Augustus, turns one at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve!

Of course, we're not celebrating "New Year's Eve" here...we're celebrating "Countdown until Gus turns one!" :D

I'll hopefully be following this up with some pictures of the event, but right now, a few of us are trying to instill a new movement, for as long as Gus continues having birthdays: we're saying the countdown like this. "10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GUS!"

We would love to have you join in on the birth of this tradition...and what better time for it than 2008, The Year Of The Rat? No matter what time zone you're in, just shout, "Happy Birthday, Gus" after the countdown! :D He would be really honored, so be sure to let us know if you did it.

Either way, please send him your love, and best wishes for a long and healthy rat life. He's my big, lovey boy, and he deserves the best!

On an unusual note, when Gus turns one year, Boo (his little brother) turns six months! :lol: Obviously, they're not blood brothers. But we'll celebrate his birthday in another six months.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Awww that's too cute. Happy birthday Gus! (for tomorrow)

I have 3 rats turning 2 this January. I didn't know how to celebrate - So I think I might go out tomorrow and buy some mini choc-chip muffins for them as a NAUGHTY birthday treat. XD

I hope Gus has got lots of lovely treats and pressies coming!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Happy birthday Augustus! ~ Cinna-Bun and Mouse
What a cute way to celebrate, I'll be sure to help kick off the tradition! :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much! We are already partying, playing with a new plush "octopus," which lets you climb in the mouth for a nest, and down the arms for tunnels! :D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
happy birthday, gus!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Happy Birthday Gus! :D My ratties are so jeleous of your new toy, we saw it at petco but didn't quite have enough money!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to you all! It was a GOOD birthday! - Gus

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some photos:

The octopus toy:

Brothers playing with octo:

The Birthday Boy takes a peek:

Chuck E. Cheese Rat Birthday Cake:

A lovely gift!

The Birthday Feast:

Gus at his party!

Hope you enjoyed these pix!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oops! Sorry the pix are so large!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i love the octopus, lucky gus (and by default, boo)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts