Rat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great Mother's Day today with my real kiddos. We went to church, then barbecued at home. Had some yummy briscuit, taters (Texan for potatoes), and grilled corn on the cob. Plus, after cooking, hubby did all the clean-up, too!

From a rat-momma perspective, it was great, too! First of all, I have 2 new baby ratties! I haven't named them yet, but they are beautiful! Both boys. I think they are only a bit over 3 weeks old, but they had already been weaned and momma had been sold. THey are eating and drinking great! They are EXTREMELY active! Very healthy and happy. (Except if you read about the one little incident I had today with one of them. I posted it in response to the poster who posted "Panicing".
Secondly, we finished the grotto last night! It is really nice. Brewster and Quimby love it! (Baby rats are in quarantine) I am linking to pics. Please enjoy!
Christina
Here is the album on Webshots:
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/479009969AtrUyo

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LizLovesRats5 said:
Oh that cage is really nice, I'm jealous. Make sure you end up covering the shelves though, or else they'll get stinky real quick. :D
I did. They are covered in linoleum sheets. That isn't the original wood. I covered all the shelves, the entire back wall, and up a few inches on the walls for when they like to hike up and pee. I may even go back and cover the walls all the way up with tiles.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Aww, I can't get your pictures to load! I'll have to try again later. I'm getting ready to build a grotto-style cabinet cage too, so I'm always looking for new ideas!

Congrats on your two new boys too. :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think I would cover it all the way. Rats pee can go crazy sometimes lol.

But VERY NICE! I never thought about covering the whole thing with stick lino! That's awesome, and the woodgrain look fits in nicely with the cabinet. Looks like luxery stylish liveing for your rats!

Congrats on your happy mommy's day. I cleaned D:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IceLore said:
Aww, I can't get your pictures to load! I'll have to try again later. I'm getting ready to build a grotto-style cabinet cage too, so I'm always looking for new ideas!

Here ya go, maybe if I attach them into this post you can see them. Sorry you couldn't get them. They were on Webshots.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IceLore said:

And here are my new baby boys.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts