Rat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! We are putting aside some of our meal especially for the rats. :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Thanksgiving is a holiday typically celebrated with a family gathering and a meal consisting of turkey, potatoes, pumpkin pie, and such. Its a time to celebrate family and whatever else you are thankful for. It started with the pilgrims when they came to the new world and had a meal to give thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
It started with the Pilgrims...after they ran away from home and landed here. LOL

My ratties got to meet two new people today and they behaved quite well, though they were not happy about having their sleep interrupted. They were curious about all the new smells in the house. They each got a yogi drop and a bit of turkey.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October. I gave my two boys a few tiny pieces of turkey, some uncooked squash, some cooked squash, and a few cooked peas. Even the tiny amount of turkey put them in turkey comas. It was adorable.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
For my 2 megacolon babies, I gave them watered down turkey and rice baby food, and then chopped up tiny shreds of turkey meat from our dinner, a little gravy and mashed potatoes, and maybe about a 1/2 tablespoon full of just pure turkey fat drippings to make it nice and oily and lubricated to help with their MC/poops. Then mixed it all up well so it was like a soup.

For my 3 normal health babies, I thinned out some mashed potatoes with water and a little gravy so it was easy to eat and not choke on, and chopped up more little bits of meat, and chopped a couple cubes of stuffing. Their's was the texture more like stew, but it was still all nicely mixed up and wet so they won't choke. They tend to eat too fast when they're excited about new foods.

They all seemed to enjoy it!

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving :)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I have the boiled heart and liver of the turkey. Do you think it's safe to give the rats a little bit?

I know beef liver is good, but I'm not sure about poultry.

·
Registered
953 Posts
We went to my folks for thanksgiving. We brought home tons of leftovers however.

They had Toilta, which was their favorite, mine too so imo they have great taste. Mine had carrots with fresh parsley and a little garlic, not sure what husband and kids snuck into them-I would guess a little pumpkin pie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts