Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, one of the hardest questions. at one of my houses me and my little sister share a room and we have a bunk bed. while i was trying to sleep and holding in my laughter remembering what had happened that day and hoping i was going to have a dream similar to the one the night before, my sister asked me a question. almost instantly all that happiness was gone, i had no clue how to answer it. she had said " who or what do you love more than the rats?" it shocked me, i love my family and i love my girls, but how was i supposed to answer that? so i just said "there's no possible way to answer that" and ignored everything else she said. how would you have answered that?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Plain and simple...no-one/nothing :lol:

My partner swears that I love my ratties more than I love her :lol:

·
Registered
445 Posts
"Who or what do you love more than the rats?"

Well I have to say I love my siblings more than anything, id do anything for them :)
I do love my rats too, but if i had to choose in between my little brothers or sisters vs rats. Id say my siblings :>

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i would have to say my daughter, although she thinks i love the ratties more than i love her, lol... they certainly eat better than we do!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
[align=center]Thats not a hard question in my eyes because I love my family more than anything else, even myself. :) [/align]

·
Registered
120 Posts
As much as I love my girls, I'd have to say family comes first.... but in many cases I'd take my rats over my brother. :p

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I don't have a sister but I have two daughters

so my only experience with sisters is watching them grow up

I believe the perfect answer would have been...

"who or what do you love more than the rats?"... "why you of course!!"

This would have had you both erupt into laughter which would have resulted in parents coming down the hall yelling at you both to shutup & go to sleep already!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i'd say i love all my family equally. but i'm a firm believer that the animals i adopt into the home deserve as much care and love as any family member, be they blood relation or not. i see no difference between my love for my biological family, my human adoptive family or my animal family. maybe i'm a little odd this way. i've certainly been told i'm wrong for being that way. i've been told my pets should not come before family or chosen lovers. but my animals are my family. i feel the same pain when they pass, the same pride when they make an accomplishment of some sort. they are certainly much like children as they rely on me for everything and take me for granted just as often as my human son. i will accept that they are different in that they will never leave home or be more then a young child. but that does not make parents love or view their disabled children any less that face the same limits.

so i guess for me, that would not have been that difficult a question to answer. however, the reason she was asking was most likely cause she was digging for some affection and may be feeling a bit replaced or on the back burner to your rats. i've felt like that with my mother and her dogs before too. but then i grew up a bit and came into the thinking i have now. its not that she loved them more, but that they needed more of her attention as they were always going to be young children. that doesn't mean i'm not still a little jealous of them though at times. it would be nice if mom didn't start to suddenly baby talk to one of her dogs while i'm trying to have a serious discussion with her.... :roll: if this is what is going on with your sister, try to include her more with your rat time. show her the true joy of being a mom to such small and wonderful animals. she'll have some more time with you and you'll still have time with your rats (and i'm sure they would love having two bodies to climb over and tickle more often then just having the one to pester).

·
Registered
549 Posts
As much as my mom jokes that my pets (especially the rats and my beardie) are my kids, to me they are. They are the family that never lets me down or demands to much. They cheer me up when I need it, they've helped me though very hard times. They are always there for me when I need a hug. So I have to say I love them like family because they are.

..redundant much? lol

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
that's it exactly glindella. you always seem to be able to say what i'm trying to get at in such a shorter space. the pets ARE children. we're not crazy pet owners. we just find love in smaller packages.

·
Registered
549 Posts
twitch said:
that's it exactly glindella. you always seem to be able to say what i'm trying to get at in such a shorter space. the pets ARE children. we're not crazy pet owners. we just find love in smaller packages.
I have my rambling moments too ;-)

·
Registered
113 Posts
For me? It'd be hard to say which sibling I loved most... same with my rats.
But my mom tops everyone with me. I wouldn't have it so good if my mom wasn't the awesomest person I know ^^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts