Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harper passed away the night before last as I held her in my arms. She was snuggled calmly against me as she took her last breath. Today I took her to be cremated. My mother went with me, and before we left she pointed out a rainbow outside her window. Not a full rainbow, a half one connecting to the sky. I knew it was the bridge for Harper, going to be with the rest of her litter. As the song says, the circle is unbroken. Harper is home. My tough old lady, you survived two surgeries and an absess, but in the end I believe it was heartbreak that took you after we lost Cindy. You are together again now, the last of the litter I raised from birth, and someday I will see you all running to meet me. I love you, Harper. Later.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Harper passed away the night before last as I held her in my arms. She was snuggled calmly against me as she took her last breath. Today I took her to be cremated. My mother went with me, and before we left she pointed out a rainbow outside her window. Not a full rainbow, a half one connecting to the sky. I knew it was the bridge for Harper, going to be with the rest of her litter. As the song says, the circle is unbroken. Harper is home. My tough old lady, you survived two surgeries and an absess, but in the end I believe it was heartbreak that took you after we lost Cindy. You are together again now, the last of the litter I raised from birth, and someday I will see you all running to meet me. I love you, Harper. Later.
I'm sorry for your loss of your baby :(

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I'm so so sorry.. It must be absolutely heartbreaking to have seen each little baby grow up and pass on one by one. I know you were a great rat mommy and took amazing care of all of your ratties. I'm so sorry for the passing of the last of your little family, but they are all together again. It's beautiful to think about that rainbow and how it was there for her to finally join with the rest of her family and how it was there for you to see at that moment. I'm sure they were all happy to see each other again and are just now all waiting for you across the bridge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts