Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know-- because tonight when my boy was on my moms comforter there was blood in his urine. I read in a rat book that blood in your urine good be a sign of a bladder infection or a kidney problem emailed my sister but haven't heard back yet.

Please reply as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
blood in the urine is a very possible indicator of a bladder infection. my rats have never had one, but *i* have, and it sucks a lot. :( also painful in the belly area and *very* frequent bathroom visits. i'd say any blood in the urine and get him to a vet asap.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am planning on making a appointment tommorrow--- hopefully we will get him right in to the vet--- even if its at the end of the day. I mean he seems to be eating good-- the only problem that I saw was the blood in the urine-- I hope its nothing to seriously wrong with him. I hope its just a urine infection or kidney problems. He has been drinking a lot.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
baytril should clear him up, UTI's cure fairly easily. If its the beginning of renal failure, look up the links I posted in "Carrots Diagnosis".

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well unfortunatly the vet is out of town till tommorow my mom just called-- so I won't be able to drop him off till tommorrow morning. He is eating, really active--- so I don't know whats going on with him--- but he hasn't lost any weight.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well good news my Ira doesn't have a bladder infection. The vet said they found no blood whatsoever in his urine. I am glad that we just got him checked out. Our vet always tries to get us to take his male rat. Since his rat is alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts