Rat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this water bottle?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/ind...769314&fbx=0&fbc=1&parentPage=family&keepsr=1

I can't tell if they are able to get any water out of it...The level goes down, and it's not leaking, but it's so quiet I can never tell if they are drinking out of it. When I tap the ball with my finger, water seems to come out fine, but since the ball is spring loaded, I don't know if they are able to use it properly.

I wish they wouldn't have chewed up their old one :roll:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
They're generally quieter than others... You may just not be used to that. :) I use them on my FN's and also have a few for the rescue. As long as it's not leaking (I've never had a problem with that but others have, but shoot... all water bottles can end up leaking after use and abuse), I'd not worry.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
I asked this once long ago on another forum and heard too many bad things about them.

Can you use a plastic reliable bottle with a chew guard instead? My rats eat plastic bottles for snacks so I have become very adept at protecting them :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had that bottle and loved it, untill the girls decided to chew it! Make sure if you do get it that you can put it on the outside of your cage. The plastic part that screws it on can be chewed to. I now use just a regular bottle that has a metal hanger so I can hang it on the outside and there is nothing for the girls to redecorate! LOL!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I have a few of these

the only thing I noticed is the ducky stopped floating after a year or so

I can live with that, the best thing is I have never had one leak

The bracket the mounts to the cage is a bit of a booger to set up initially but once you have it in place & you don't make it a habit to change location it is very user friendly

·
Registered
549 Posts
we use one at the petstore for the conures, the little duck gets stuck in the bottom alot somehow which always makes me panic. After a few months it seems to be leaking alot, and I'm pretty sure there are no holes in it

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
if it is leaking it could be from people not making sure the cap is lined up right before tightening it... this seems to be the major cause of water bottle blow outs

if the seal around bottle neck & nozzle cap seems to be leaking you can fix that with a strip of plumbers tape

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
None of my boys would drink from that bottle. Lazy buggers.

·
Registered
517 Posts
WOW ratrover how do you have so many posts already? You dont have to comment on everything. And say pointless stuff. Sorry to be mean but its kinda annoying.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm currently using this bottle with my girls, with no problems. I give them both a bowl of water and this bottle so they can choose/use the water in the bowl to bathe with, and they often choose to drink from the water bottle over the bowl.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts