Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Now that Smudges Quartine period is up, Its now time for intros im going to start by saying all three of my rats are friendly to humans, and Autumn and Grace get along great. However, Autumn is really showing a lot of agressive tendiancies. Before its suggested, Anything medical is completely out of the question. I just really need help. I'd love to get them introuduced within the next two weeks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm sure other posters will have suggestions. We've had a few individual rats who weren't the most social creatures with humans or other rats. But the group we have now are all female and white of mixed ages. They welcomed three new youngsters at the same time last year with no problems. Is it different breeds or the individual rat? I dunno.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
They say if there is no blood then no foul. There may be a bit of bickering going on as they sort out who is in charge but you just have to let them do their thing. As long as no one is taking it a step further and drawing blood, I would let them do their thing and they should relax.

Did u intro on neutral ground?

·
Registered
870 Posts
At a rate of 1 to 3 rats at a time, I wound up with 13 rats in a mixed (neutered/spayed) mischief. Most of my intros went smoothly, but on trying to introduce two new females I did have one female that tried to ostracize the new girls. I finally decided to put the aggressive little girl by herself for a week and intro the other rats to the new girl. That went smoothly. Then when I reintroduced the aggressive girl back into the mischief, she was happy to rejoin everybody with no further problems. I can't say this will always work in this situation, but it went well for mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts