Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lHey guys... Neera's sneezing again. She just got over some long-term URI's a month or two ago and she's been sneezing since, but it had stayed at a sort of moderate level. She's been sneezing more violently lately though, but her lungs sound fine.

As a bit of backstory, she's my sickly girl... Her long-term URI's meant she was on different types of antibiotics from January to April, almost non-stop. She went through sulfamethoxazole, baytril, and a two-week period of nebulizing. All worked to some degree, but I couldn't ever stop the sneezing. Her sneezing has not been constant and I don't think there's anything for her to be allergic to...

What scares me now is that we're 3 days away from going on an 11 day trip in which they are only going to be fed and given water. They will not be given any outside-of-cage time. I know it's bad, but I can't do anything about it... It's a family trip that was planned before I even got them and I didn't realize they wouldn't be taken out at all. Which also means no one can give medicine if it's needed. I don't know what to do now...

Today I really got worried. When she woke up, she had a lot of porphyrin on her nose, more than I've ever seen before. I'm at a loss, I really am... Do I nebulize again, for the three days I have? Do I assume she's just going through a rough bit, since she's always sneezing anyway? I just don't know how to help her right now and I'm so worried about her...

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm wondering if I should try some of the short-term helps... Like honey and garlic, and maybe that would help some? This is just the absolute worst time for her to get worse again and I literally can't do a thing for her after we leave. The people watching them can't give her the medication or nebulize her...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts