Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rats are so weird...
I was administering antibiotics this morning and Mr.Burrowsworth snatches an empty syringe off my lap and runs into his cage with it!

He does this all the time, he'll snatch them off the floor or wherever I set them... And he puts the tip of the syringe in his mouth and licks at it, trying to get whatever is inside, even if it's empty... He doesn't even care what's in it, unless it's something nasty tasting. :p

Tumbleton takes them too, but usually just picks them up and drops them. Last night he grabbed one balanced on the dirty bowl I'd removed from the cage and tried to drop it through the bars of the cage...

Mr.Burrowsworth is going to be mad when I stop... He knows when medicine time is and clings to the cage door so when I open it so he gets his first. I just ordered 100 1ml oral syringes online so maybe I could just put pureed food in them or something to make him happy...

Why would he like them though? Do any of your rats do stuff like that?

·
Registered
383 Posts
When I got antibiotics, it was mixed in some sort of sweet puree. I didn't taste it myself, but I know it was sticky enough to be sinfully sweet.

I saved the syringe and am considering putting some honey water in there. The girls loved medicine time, and I kind of enjoyed giving them food through a syringe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My rat took to not minding the syringe for medicine, but she never ran off with it.

I have a rat that tries to steal my toothbrush if I leave it out! I've had a few toothbrush replacements lately. Of course the one I sacrificed and left on the floor was never touched again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts