Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recipes for ratties? Lately I've just been giving them different types of salads, but I figured a new dish would be wonderful for them! Any ideas would be helpful cx

·
Registered
452 Posts
My rats love peas, cooked pasta, canned corn (gmo-free) etc
You can cook quite human-like things for them, as long as they dont have added processed sugar or salt. Like cooked pasta with a drizzle of olive oil, mixed in with canned tuna or salmon.
Yesterday for dinner my rats got cooked rice and quinoa mixed with bits of cooked salmon :)
Tonight (Im in southern hemisphere, its currently 3am) they got cooked pasta lightly brushed with salmon oil, chopped carrots, peas, shredded fresh kale and chopped boiled egg :D They dont always get this kind of dinner haha they are healthy but getting old (20 months) so Im trying to give them nicer and more interesting dinners to perk them up a bit.

In the past also really enjoyed sweet potato mashed with coconut milk, plain coconut milk, oatmeal and baby food (farex baby cereal, softened and 'cooked' with warm liquid)

·
Registered
111 Posts
What about broccoli leaves? Are they ok for ratties? I'm currently growing broccoli in my garden and the plants have huge leaves. I often give the rats steamed broccoli but I wasn't sure about the plants leaves.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!! I've been wanting to spice up there meals because they've been getting the same thing for awhile now. I just haven't been able to think or find any good recipes or ideas...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts