Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm not the only rat parent who has nightmares about their mischief or other rats in general, but mine always seem to be overly depressing and panic inducing. Take the one I just had for instance; I was in a large shopping center/mall with a handful of random people I know scattered about the place. We went into a pet shop and, even in my dreams, I made a bee line for the small animal section. When I got there I was shocked and appalled. There was large round elevated tank separated into fourths, like a pie, and in one section were the rats. Hundreds of them. Males and females, young and old, newborns and dead. There were so many that they were standing atop of one another in this rolling mass of rats. Now here's where I almost beat the employee in this dream to death. I called him over when I first entered the shop to ask where the rats were but I managed to find them before he did. As I said before once I found them I was shocked. I asked if there were mixed genders in that horrendous enclosure and he said "well you can't tell genders with these animals". I argued that "yes, you very much could!" but then some other customer called the dream employee away, leaving me alone with the rats. I noticed that there were live bubs without a mum and that's where my heart got the best of me. I decided I could get away with taking one pup home, my husband would surely understand. These little guys were cold, hungry and without mummy. Their eyes wernt even open nor did they have their peach fuzz, but you could tell their markings. The first one i picked up was male. His front paw had been partially gnawed off. Now, if this were actually real life I would have taken him and the little girl I picked up, but my dream addled mind said "you can't keep him, you don't have the money to have him fixed". So I regrettably placed him back in with a nursing mummy that just happened to appear (gotta love dream logic). I picked up a little girl, same age as the boy, and she had the worse ring tail I've ever seen along with being cold and hungry. I took her to the register, told them I was taking her and put her in my bra to try to warm her up. She cost 49 cents in the dream and after I flung fifty cents at them I left in a panic to try and find formula and a paint brush. Then just as I walked out I woke up. I still can't shake that all too real feeling that there's a few babies in need of my rescue.
Who else has bad rat dreams?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Now that I have no rats, I have more nightmares than usual about them; you're not alone...one of these dreams happens repeatedly. I get new rats and always find out one PEW is a girl who escapes. I freak out when my old rat comes back from the dead, reproducing by budding (butting? i dont know), and murders mama rat. Then I find various scattered babies (newborn pinkies), some in a corner near a heater, some into a cage where I hopelessly try and grab them but watch as they squeeze through tne bars and get torn to shreds. Horrifying dreams; all the time, especially about rats. I don't have many good dreams anymore tbh.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts