Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
latley I've read alot of posts that talk about people's girl going into "heat" and after 8 girl rats this is the first tme I've heard about it :oops: I was hoping that someone could tell me what this is/means because it could explain A LOT of incidents/problems my girls have been having.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well, you've heard of cats and dogs going through heat cycles right? Rats do too. The females come into heat every four or five days. You might see the females humping each other more often or wiggling their ears and arching their backs. It's all normal behavior for a female in heat.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I had no idea that cats and dogs went through "heat cycles":eek:pps: When gals go through heat does it make them any less social because that would explain their whole "I love you!, now i don't, now I do, now I don't, now I do, now I dont..." cycle with me.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
sounds like hormonal gals to me

consider we human girls going through our cycles... some of us get weird mid-cycle when we are laying eggs & others get weird when at the end of the cycle

& some of us are just weird 24/7/365

·
Registered
138 Posts
My rat Adie arches her back and her cagemate Sweet Pea vibrates her ears lol

a female rat's urine tends to be more smelly when they are in heat too...I've noticed that.

but I haven't noticed the hormonal thing.....the only time I've ever seen a rat 'pout' is when Sweet Pea smells Blinkin' on me....she HATES her lol
then she wants nothing to do with me

Nikki >.<

·
Registered
486 Posts
I had Roxy and Mavis out earlier.
Roxy was humping Mavis and then afterwards her ears would vibrate/wringle like crazy...It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen :lol:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I love the ear wiggling, makes me laugh every time.

I even try to set Sevilla off every once in a while, which makes me feel a little evil, messing with my girl, but it's just so darn cute!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Are the girl rats a particular age when they do this ,just wonderin as my 3 girls are 8 weeks 4 days

Jess x

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
junior_j said:
Are the girl rats a particular age when they do this ,just wonderin as my 3 girls are 8 weeks 4 days

Jess x
Every 4-5 days from about 6weeks on. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
They start at around 5 weeks old, when their bodies are able to become pregnant. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
junior_j said:

Jess x

Rats can reach sexual maturity as early as five weeks of age :3

·
Registered
899 Posts
With all the girls ive had i have never once had one that showed signs of going into heat...Until bailey came along...WOW she goes crazy the nite shes in heat...Popcorning like there is no tomorrow. Vibrating like a cell phone on over kill...GOd its funny. She was in heat when i woke up this morning. And yes im mean..i set her off wiggling and vibrating lol Just give her bum a lil tickle and she will vibrate like mad..Oh and the ear wiggling...love it lol....Then she will dart off...HEHE so funny

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I just found out that Lola's an ear wiggler! I love it, I'm following her around poking her butt... she'll wiggle and then give me the stink eye... It's so funny, but I feel so evil! They love me anyway, though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts