Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just having normal play time with my two boys, who are about 1 1/2 years old. They all of the sudden started fighting. I separated them immediately and one of them was much more upset than the other. I took Friedrich, the upset one, to the cage and let him cool down. When I went to check on him again after 10 minutes, he was laying on his side and had really labored breathing. I took him back over to my bed and put the rat who seems ok, Gottlieb to the cage. It looks a bit like Friedrich's ribs might be broken or something. He's not bleeding anywhere that I can find. I know I should get him to a vet, but it's a Saturday and if I can't get a hold of anybody, I need to know what to do. Please help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had him on my bed and I tried giving him some water and making him comfortable. He randomly got up and walked to a box that was on my bed. I've let my boys play in this box a few times so he knew it was there and was obviously going for it. He had to walk all the way down the bed and walked over my legs to get there. He seemed ok while he was walking. He had to take one small break but now he seems to be happier in the box.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It could have been a strained muscle. He is feeling much better today. He has been eating, drinking, and grooming just fine. I have noticed, though, that he now has big black spots on his skin where there used to be none. His breathing has gotten better each time I check on him to the point where now he is almost breathing normally. I am thinking it might have been a stroke due to the way he has been acting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts