Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Rat Forum Member!

I have kept rats in the past (about 10 years ago). After my girlfriend and I moved away from our parent's cats and dogs, we decided that we needed a new fur baby. So I suggested that we adopt a couple rats. Well we adopted a couple adorable dumbo eared females from somebody on craigslist about 3 weeks ago.

One of the females gave birth on January 16, 12 babies! The other one looks like it's fairly close to exploding (giving birth)! Anyways I was not expecting to adopt a couple pregnant females. If you have any advice or would like to adopt any rats in the near future, please let me know. We are in the DC/VA area.

I will try to post some more photos of the adorable babies later today.

I do have experience raising rats...when I had my rats about 10 years ago the pet store assured me that they were both males...

P.S. My apologies in advance for not posting in the adoption forums (I need to get my post count up).

2015-01-26 05.57.21.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ah! Baby rats are so pink and cute! Congratulations, I hope they are strong and healthy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, they are adorable! They are growing up so fast! The other female just had her babies last night too.

Here's some more baby pics!

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
oh man they are so cute >-< they look a little bit like the two doe rats i have at the moment. may they live long and prosper!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh my, they are just the cutest things ever!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Those little eyes are precious! I feel like I'm looking at the baby version of my sweetest boy Owen!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts