Rat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 17 rats... Dumbo and also dalmatian... I right now have a little female albino Dumbo.. pics to come soon...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi and welcome! I love dumbos. My 2 baby girls are dumbos.
Can't wait to see pics of your big rat family.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok pic time lol

Babys yet to be named:

Female albino dumbo:

Edmond:

Edward:

Lotus:

Lea Lea Babys:

Female dalmation:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dalmatian baby 002:

Dalmations baby littler mates:

Lea Lea:

Lola:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not really I breed them for other uses umm I'd probably get kicked off the forum for what I do but the white ones and the dalmatian I'm keeping for breeding...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok and why is that? My females and males are like my kids.... If I didn't care about my rats I wouldn't even have named them.. just because I breed the baby's for other things like for pets and some times feeders don't mean I'm a bad person.. I saw on here you all don't like to breed if there not pedigreed... I don't have pedigreed rats.. and I'm not over populating eather... So I don't understand why the 3rd degree but what eve...

·
Registered
22 Posts
hm im a new member here, But i read this and wanted to reply,

I am totally against feeding rats/mice to other animals, but hey they gotta live and feed of something i guess....

but really joining a website for *PET rats* wich means theres members here who love rats own them and have them for one reason only...
so i dont think it was a good idea to mention why you *breed* them.

but just looking at your pictures of your cutie pie babies now and thinking where there next homes will be makes me kinda sad.....

Sorry but i had to reply....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well they asked if I was a breeder.. and I'm not.. what you all want me to lie to you all? Ok I'm a breeder i don't bread some times for feeders does that make you all any happier? just because you see those babies there don't mean there snake food i said SOMETIMES.. not always!!!! you all need to get over your selves :roll: :roll: .. i also found out today that pedigreed rats are WAY more insested that reg pet store rats and thats coming from a person i know thats bread rats a lot longer then probably a lot of you all..and I've bread rats for 12+ years I'm 24 i don't need people telling me what and what not to do with my rats i buy.. I didn't buy from the pet store eather i have boundry's too you know.. I've seen each rats mother and father.. there just not pedigreed.. I haven't bought a pet store rat in 11+ years.. Still I don't know why the 3rd degree?

·
Registered
22 Posts
To be honest with you...no i wont get over myself because there is nothing to get over, at the end of the day there are people that care about rats ALOT they love them to peices, and for what you've found out well i dont know...my mother and auntie are all breeders but for PET only...but im sorry to say they dont insest atall...and for petshop rats? well theres a whole lot i can say about that(not all)..on how most of the rats there and most animals get treated...

And i didnt say you ALWAYS breed your rats for food...as you say sometimes i looked at them pictures like that because who knows were the poor mites will go.

Im not here to cause arguements im just here to post my rat but i came across you're one and im sorry but i couldnt just press the back botton and not say something, some people have opinions and its only right for them to have them.

You'd bound to get people giving you opinions about rats being snake food,
Im sorry to say but you would expect it specially from a website like this.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
omg you guys, cant you get through one day without screaming at someone? you have to understand that other animals need to eat and even though its horrible, it has to be done. its getting annoying when someone tries to share their rats and get screamed at.

anyways, welcome and i wish to steal your dalmation baby

·
Registered
22 Posts
okay i put my hands down, it wasnt ment to seem as i was screaming, i do apologise i let my feelings come out befor thinking about it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
oh good lord. here we go again.
It floors me the amount of people that come here just to start crap and whats even more amazing, is how blatant they are about it.

A Prime example of a troll...
Dont feed em...

They only want to either start crap or just rile everyone up for their daily dose of jollies I guess.

Sad :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kimmeh_121 said:
okay i put my hands down, it wasnt ment to seem as i was screaming, i do apologise i let my feelings come out befor thinking about it.
if you want her ill give her to you.. just find out a way to get her to you free of charge.. thanks for standing up for me

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DFW_Rat_Luvr said:
oh good lord. here we go again.
It floors me the amount of people that come here just to start crap and whats even more amazing, is how blatant they are about it.

A Prime example of a troll...
Dont feed em...

They only want to either start crap or just rile everyone up for their daily dose of jollies I guess.

Sad :(
whats that suppose to mean? and did you just call me a troll? um i was being nice till that other person came in cussing me out for it.. guess its a darn if you do darn if you don't situation here.. i wasn't going to lie.. and how posably can i make it clear to you all I SAID SOMETIMES NOT ALWAYS. man i came here thinking this was a nice place to get some info and nice people to chat with but i see theres only one person nice enought to talk to here.. now thats whats really sad.. What i don't get it what does it matter as long as I take care of my rats?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
beautifulescapee said:
You can't even spell bred right:p But yet you are supposed to be a knowledgeable breeder...lol bread:p
so its a typo get over it.. if you dont have anything to say to me thats nice dont say it..

·
Registered
532 Posts
you've only met three people who are members so far...don't be so quick to judge us all.

as for the "i take care of them so what does it matter" issue: unless you are humanely euthanizing your feeders before they are fed to the reptiles, then it is considered very cruel by most. how would you feel if someone started feeding live puppies or kittens to pythons? if the "feeder animal" has been humanely put to sleep, it does not have to suffer the brutal killing of the reptile. my sister has a ball python, and we only feed him pre-killed feeders that have been humanely euthanized. i don't hate the snake for needing to eat, but i don't want to put the "feeders" through any more pain than necessary.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts