Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, folks. I'm another newbie, and my name is Melissa. I'm twenty-three years old, and I have three rats: Peach, Violet, and Ham(pton). I went looking for a pet rat owner's forum because I have a few questions about one of my baby girls. I'll reserve those questions for the proper thread under a different topic though. Peach is about nine months old, Violet is about seven months old, and Ham is about a year. He's the hugest rat I've ever seen in my life! I fell in love with him when I tagged along with my boyfriend, who is a manager at a Petsmart (how convenient!) on Thanksgiving, and he gave him to me for Christmas. Peach was aquired in a rather odd way.... I'll just say I'm a recovered snake addict. Never again with that mess go down in my house....lol Violet was a present for my Peach when she got lonely. I love them like they were my kids. They eat better than we do... I'm sure you can understand! Anyhoo, I'm glad I found this place. Hopefully I'll get some questions answered and can meet some new friends. Thanks for reading and have a good one!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi, Im new too and just thought id say hello! I luv the picture of your rat by the way!

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Welcome Melisscious...you have definitely found a pet rat forum. :)

Is your Ham neutered? Or are you planning on it so he can live with the gals? Or is he getting his own friend one day?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys! Thanks for the warm welcome. No, my Hampton butt isn't neutered... I don't know. I don't have the heart to hurt him like that, if that makes any sense...lol He will get a buddy or two. I was kinda banking on him hanging out with some of his sons. But if my Peachy isn't preggers, that's not going to happen. We'll see how it goes. So far, they're my three little stooges. But, I love them dearly... they're like little people sometimes with the way they act and figure things out. It's crazy!!! My avatar is a picture of my Ham bone. He's just gigantic. We call him Gigantus Ratticus around here.... Anyhoo, before I get carried away with talking about my "children", I must make their salad! They eat better and before we do. But, such is life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks again you guys. I look forward to getting to know you all. By the by, could someone please help me with developing my profile? I'm so computer stupid, it's a wonder how I got here in the first place! Please and thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys! Thanks for the warm welcome. No, my Hampton butt isn't neutered... I don't know. I don't have the heart to hurt him like that, if that makes any sense...lol He will get a buddy or two. I was kinda banking on him hanging out with some of his sons. But if my Peachy isn't preggers, that's not going to happen. We'll see how it goes. So far, they're my three little stooges. But, I love them dearly... they're like little people sometimes with the way they act and figure things out. It's crazy!!! My avatar is a picture of my Ham bone. He's just gigantic. We call him Gigantus Ratticus around here.... Anyhoo, before I get carried away with talking about my "children", I must make their salad! They eat better and before we do. But, such is life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks again you guys. I look forward to getting to know you all. By the by, could someone please help me with developing my profile? I'm so computer stupid, it's a wonder how I got here in the first place! Please and thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts