Rat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Erica and I've been a rat owner for about two years now. I currently have three rats. One is a black hooded rat named Penelope that my sister and I rescued and adopted from my sister's college, along with a second rat named Delilah, after she took a psychology class involving lab rats. Recently Delilah passed away, so I decided to adopt two more young female rats from a rescue - an orange hooded rat and a white with red eyes (still trying to figure out names....). They're so much fun and I'm officially hooked on being a rat owner. Excited to be a part of this forum - both to meet fellow rat lovers and get awesome ideas and advice!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome! =] I'm new here too.
Your white rat with red eyes would be called an albino!
Rats are so much fun! Your little mischief sounds great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm new as well. :3 Rats are amazing creatures though I've only been a rat owner for a little over a year. I already know I'll have more in the future.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Your white rat with red eyes would be called an albino!
Not necessarily; just because one has white fur and pink or ruby eyes doesn't automatically make it an albino. Here's a excerpt from AFERMA's official page on PEW rats: "There are actually two types of PEW rats out there. The first one we see most commonly is the true Albino. The second kind is not specifically bred for the show bench, but it’s good to be aware that they do exist. They are simply pink-eyed Marked (Capped or Masked) rats which have been selected for less and less color. Eventually you get rats that are white all over with pink eyes. Though these are not Albino rats, they are indistinguishable from them."I just thought I'd share that tidbit of info!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
It's not letting me edit my above post so forgive the smooshed paragraph, my tablet sucks right now :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts