Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My household just got rats in November of 2006 after some research. My 10 year old son wanted them, and he already has two hamsters (Hampton and Beach), fish, and a hermit crab. He takes care of all of them very well, so he got all the accessories for his birthday on Halloween. In November we went and got two rats named Maxwell and Puddin. They are the sweetest things. Of course, I fell in love and had to get some of my own. I went out and got 3 male rats named Teddy, Shy Guy, and Blaze. We also have 4 guinea pigs (Honey Bear, Whimsy. Badger, and Bow Tie). I look forward to talking to other rattie lovers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome! That's awesome that your 10 year old son has so many pets! I've only ever been allowed to keep fish indoors. Parents didn't like rodents or reptiles, and can't keep them in the dorms. So this summer will be great for me! I'm so excited to get my ratties!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, welcome! I've also been a rodent lover for a very long time. I got my first hamster when I was 5... can you believe that?! Now I'm 21 and haven't gone a year without a small pet. I had ALWAYS loved animals and I was pretty grown up for a 5 year old haha if that's possible. But of course my parents helped me a LOT when I was that young. Since then I've had gerbils, guinea pigs, rabbits, rats, and chinchillas (my sister's but she doesn't take that good of care of them.) I've also babysat for ferrets. I also have dogs, cats, and fish.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hello gems, welcome to the forums :)

You're going to be very busy with that menagerie! :lol: Look forward to seeing some pictures of your ratties, if you can (unless you already have and I haven't got to them yet - I'm a bit behind this week :lol)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts