Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nice to meet everyone , I don't have any rats yet but soon to come , my son has 2 young female rats , I was over his place last night for christmas and was playing with his 2 little girls , they are so sweet and friendly but really fast movers lol I have an african grey parrot that is 3 years old named Smokey even though the rats will have their own space I plan on buying a large cage for them and they will be in our dineing room and Smokey is in the living room , Smokey does not fly around so I really don't see any danger their , I really don't think he will be to interested in them also not sure if I should buy females or 2 males , which make the best pets?
also his rats are not fancy rats they were feeder rats so he saved them from being on the food list ,but they are 2 really sweet little girls
any help appreciated since keeping rats is totally new to me , this is a soon to be first , I have has hamsters before but thats about it and boy can they bite
have a safe and happy holiday all , looking forward to being a new rat mom

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Happily rats rarely bite, so you are lucky there. Girl rats tend to be more active than boys who tend to be more lazy and snuggly. But that is not always true; it depends on the personality of the rat. There are threads on here on every topic you can think of. Check out the thread on different cage setups to get an idea of what other owners use. And one tip on food. I personally use Oxbow. But there are many brands out there. Just avoid seed mixes. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts