Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our family lives in Fort Collins, Colorado and we absolutely love our little ratties.

My son started the whole ball rolling and we have acquired our rats from the Humane Society as rescues since that time. We did buy a trio from a breeder in Colorado Springs at one time.

Want to continue to learn more about them and what we can do to provide the best environment for their care.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much. Hope to learn as much as possible.

Here is some of what we do now, any feedback is always helpful.

Cage - 3 level with the shredded paper as bedding. Liter box, water bowl and food bowl, hammock, wheel and some chew toys.

Food - Teklad along with a combination of fresh veggies (broccoli, carrots, peas, zucchini), fruit (peeled grapes, banana, strawberries, melon peeled apples, raspberries, blueberries), turkey breast and chicken breast on rare occasion, oatmeal, greek yogurt, brown rice, cheerios, whole wheat pasta

I work from home, so have a bedding that I use on the desk so they can hang out. My son also is home, so they tend to spend most of the day out of their cage.

They do seem somewhat impartial to any movies that are playing when we watch TV, but do enjoy sitting with everyone.

I use those vitamin drops and add a couple to each bowl of water.

Any feedback is appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts