Rat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm excited to be here:) I just got my first three lady rats: Parsley, Sage, and Rosemary! I have a special interest in using diet to try and reduce/eliminate any future cancers in my girls, so that's probably what a lot of my posts here will be about. Food is just fascinating, you know!

·
Registered
350 Posts
hey Mimi welcome ! As far as I know calorie limitation can extend rodent life but I've always felt to guilty to do that. I am interested to see what you have planned. ;D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no, I don't want this to effect quality of life at all. No one wants to be constantly hungry:) I am focusing on as MANY fresh foods and whole grains as possible. Rat blocks will be available for if they're hungry for them, but...I dunno. I might take them out, I don't like the idea of them one bit. I don't like not knowing where the ingredients are sourced from, or what forms of vitamins are included, or where those vitamins are sourced from. I just don't feel confident in prepackaged food. So yeah! I have a few slightly unusual foods sitting around that I myself eat, things like cacoa nibs, pomegranates, whole nuts, etc. All foods that are proven to have an effect on preventing/treating cancer. I keep little bits of different things in pill boxes, one box for each baby, so that I can be sure they've had that day's special healthy food.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts