Rat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Spartan. Obviously new here lol.
I just got my own place about 3 weeks ago and was hanging out with some friends last Sunday. We went into the pet shop just to look around and I ended up walking out with a rat. It was a spur of the moment sort of thing and now all I can think about is that rat lol.

I'm joining because I want to learn how to get to know my rat a lot more cuz I've already noticed there's a lot more to them than meets the eye. I do need help and there's no better way to get help other than asking you professionals :).

His name is Scavvers (yes like Rons rat from Harry Potter xD) so any beginners tips or anything from anyone would be a tremendous help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hiya, I'm pretty new here too. Theres heaps of beginners information all over the forum, the most important stuff being the posts that say 'sticky' next to them. I've spent the last couple of days just reading all the sticky posts and have already completely rebuilt my cage and taught my rat to come when I say her name and tap on her cage, so the information is very good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to start to read some of the stickys. I have work here soon so I'll have plenty of time to read a lot of them.

And idk if it was scavvers or scabbers my buddy's wife named it and it just stuck. Plus it sounded cool lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hit the forum tab, then open up individual topics, such as rat health. That area will open and at the top of that page there will be stickies

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol thanks for the help I found them now, can't wait to get home and play with him again. I think he's starting to warm up to me now that I gave him a little blanket. He literally rolled himself up into a cacoon and was snorting all happy and stuff before I left for work lol I almost wanted to call in so I could play with him haha

·
Registered
672 Posts
Your very welcome! I know the feeling. Right now I am not working, so I am home often. I find myself peeking in on them, all the time to see if any of mine are awake so I can play. You should think about getting her a friend to two. They do like rat company. Have a good night!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This week's paycheck will be going straight towards a huge cage and another dude rat. Edgar will be his name lol. Anyways nice talking to you, you have a good day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I work in a Rock Quarry (above ground mine) I don't think my rat would enjoy that cuz I sure don't lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts