Rat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha, let me tell you, I'm a shy person, and it took me some time to muster the courage to post this. As I am writing this, my two beautiful rattie girls are giving me kisses and scurrying all over me. I'm not sure what else to write, other than I look forward to being part of this rat loving community.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fairy! There is a little icon above the reply box that looks like a picture (third in from the right), click that and you can add pictures. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful girls. *hug*

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I can only do it on computer. My more recent pictures are on my iPad, so I guess you guys will have to settle for some baby pictures for now! ;D The russian blue masked dumbo is Starburst, and the black bareback dumbo is Jujube (Yes, in case you were wondering, I did purposely name them both after candy. :)) Since Starburst's photo was taken, her mask has become darker and extends almost down to her nose. It still has a split in the middle. She has developed light spots behind her ears, and one very light spot on her side. Jujube, or as I like to call her, Jubes, has stayed relatively the same. Jujube's photo was taken when she was 3 weeks old, and Starburst's was when she was 19 days old. Jujube is the more active of the two, and is more shy. She doesn't really like other people that much. If I put her on someone's lap and sit on the other side of the couch, she'll jump off of them and run back to me. She enjoys her treats, including licking jelly from my fingers, decaf, sugar-free coffee, and the occasional yogurt drop. Starburst, on the other hand, is very calm and snuggly, preferring to curl up on someone's chest or sit on their shoulder rather than run around with Jujube. She is also much more social with new people than Jujube. She will happily curl up with just about anyone! She's a rather unhealthy eater, and occasionally gets away with stealing one of my potato chips when I'm not looking. However, like Jujube, she enjoys yogurt drops and decaf, sugar-free coffee. Interestingly, she doesn't really like jelly. That's about it for these guys! Mammal Vertebrate Rat Muridae Rodent Mammal Rat Vertebrate Hamster Muridae

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yayyy pictures!! They are so adorable!
Decaf coffee?? That's a new one for my two girls LOL I should see if they would like to try that :3

·
Registered
350 Posts
Baby pictures are the best! I always thought Freddy has pale ears but WOW Starburst's are almost white! Are they still like it that or did they change color? I've never seen such pale ears.. ;D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. :D She has such pretty, soft, light rose petal ears! She likes it when people rub her ears and gently rub behind them. ^.^

·
Registered
350 Posts
Omg could you imagine Freddy's and Starburst's babies.. cuteness overload!! ;D j/k j/k moderators don't panic no breeding here.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, btw, Starburst is missing a toe. The whole situation is a big mystery. We have no idea how it happened, we just noticed one day she had a tiny stub instead of a toe on one of her front feet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's awesome that they're excited to be with you! I just got rats today and am working on some trust building. They seem to be doing great and I hope both warm up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts