Rat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum but have been a rat owner for a few years now! I have 3 rats, Rassy (26 months old) and Minnie and jazz who are a year old.Poor rassy is considerably healthy apart from her diabetes which was diagnosed at Xmas and I have to inject her twice a day with insulin (she doesn't mind, she's associated a pinch and a prick with a tasty treat after ). she's also had 4 mammary lumps removed since March. she has 2 more now, one quite large. unfortunately I won't let her be operated on anymore, she's gone through enough. being an elderly lady all she does nowadays is beg to come out of the cage to sleep on the settee all day and eat yogurt and baby food with the occasional snuggle if she's in the mood! life of luxury! so I'm going to let her live out the rest of her days being a spoilt happy rat until her lumps get in her way then she will go to ratty heaven!with all the heartache rassy has been through I decided to get my youngest rats spayed last month to try prevent any mammary or pituitary tumours growing (fingers crossed) they recovered wonderfully. the day after their operation you wouldn't have known they'd had anything done!I have a great vet near me who admittedly isn't a rat expert but with help from you guys on here, she's happily accepted my opinions and choices of medication. so that's my ratty story!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello fellow contributor! I thought I'd reply here so you have a proper hello as well haha. I bet your Rassy is really happy being spoilt and living her life out in luxury. What a cute pic as well! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome! You seem like a very devoted rat mommy! Your picture looks just like my rat, Wilbur :). (I just realized I titled my "Hello" post the exact same as yours..oops :eek:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts