Rat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! As you can see I'm a new player and I'm super excited to be a member! I have always had a love for rats, and as of April 23, 2014, my dream came true. I bought my first pet rat ever. I still have him to this day, and when I got him he was about 6 months, so he is a little over a year. Over the past months that I have had my baby, I have learned a lot about rats. I have done a ton of research and am a mini expert about them. The rat I have is a male hooded fancy rat, and his name is Remy. I got the idea from the movie ratatouille. When I got him he had no litter mates or cage mates with him, so he has been alone his whole life but he has me! He is the sweetest boy ever! I have him in a super pet ferret cage, and he loves to use paper towels as his bedding. He will grab them and run up the ledges with them, then he'll come back for more, just like a dog! Below is a picture of him! He will always be my favorite pet rat ever! Again, I'm super excited to join and be apart of the rat forum family! Hope to to to you soon!
[/URL](Sorry I'm not sure which will work)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone! As you can see I'm a new player and I'm super excited to be a member! I have always had a love for rats, and as of April 23, 2014, my dream came true. I bought my first pet rat ever. I still have him to this day, and when I got him he was about 6 months, so he is a little over a year. Over the past months that I have had my baby, I have learned a lot about rats. I have done a ton of research and am a mini expert about them. The rat I have is a male hooded fancy rat, and his name is Remy. I got the idea from the movie ratatouille. When I got him he had no litter mates or cage mates with him, so he has been alone his whole life but he has me! He is the sweetest boy ever! I have him in a super pet ferret cage, and he loves to use paper towels as his bedding. He will grab them and run up the ledges with them, then he'll come back for more, just like a dog! Below is a picture of him! He will always be my favorite pet rat ever! Again, I'm super excited to join and be apart of the rat forum family! Hope to to to you soon!
[/URL](Sorry I'm not sure which will work)
Soo cute! He's like my rat.:)
I have three females.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Aww really! Stuart is a cute name! Aww really karefailure?! Can you post a picture of him?
Playing Holi ( a festival of colours we celebrate in India) with my Stuart. I know I'm looking horrible in my school uniform, playing Holi. Please ignore me. Lolz
and
Once he was sleeping in a different way below my bed in an old bird cage. Lolz

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Welcome! Your Remy is very cute! But he really does need a buddy. No matter how much time you spend with him, even 24 hours a day, it's nowhere close to the companionship another rat could offer him. Most rat people would even consider it cruel to keep him single, unless he has serious behavioral issues and is too aggressive to other rats. Plus seeing two rats snuggle and love each other, and have their own special relationship is really rewarding, and you will know that your boy is always happy whenever he is left alone, and will never feel lonely. It's a kind of relationship a human can never replicate.

I don't want to sound mean of course, but it's really not a good thing at all to keep a rat single unless absolutely necessary. Please consider getting a second boy. You will be very happy with two rats, and we on the forum would be really excited to help you learn how to properly bond your ratties safely so everyone will be happy. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts