Rat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow ratty lovers,
My name is Michelle, and I am from Sydney Australia. I am fairly new to owning pet rats, (2 years) although I kept mice for many years as a child/tween.
We currently have 4 rats, Bandit is our senior gentleman agouti hooded, at 2years. After his brother and best mate Spike had to be euthanased in September, he moped and began to lose weight dramatically. I looked at all the steps for introducing new young rats, and bought 2 more young boys, about 3months old, Ben (blue/black hooded) and Jerry (dove hooded). Then promptly returned for the last remaining dove hooded from the litter who we named Smokey. The intro went more smoothly than we'd ever have hoped for, and they formed a big cuddly rat stack as soon as they were caged together.
Bandit is gaining weight again and has a new lease on life.
I came here looking for instructions for no-sew fleece and cage ideas :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Their habitat is a huge 1.6m tall parrot cage with extra shelves, trouser tubes, hammocks and trays. We added some plastic stripping to close up the smaller gaps.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcomes :) I've been enjoying looking around and learning lots. I put in a pee rock this morning, and they were literally queuing to use it within minutes. I've also replaced the paper shred and paper based litter for fleece, although Bandit is a chewer, so I'm not sure how we'll go with that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.