Rat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Eri, a few months ago, I added three rats to my big pet family. Before that I had been keeping like five mice as pets since I was catching them in my house. Sadly, I couldn't tame them down at all (go figure, they were wild house mice), so I decided to let them go in a nearby park. My boyfriend suggested getting rats instead, and I got them when they were still small rats, two girls and a boy. Boy was kept separate, I just couldn't leave him at the pet store, he looked lonely. Two are tan and white. Girl is named Letty after Dom's girlfriend in Fast&Furious movies. And Mo is the boy and that name is short for Mocha. He was the tiniest one and now is the biggest chunker ever. And Cookie, short for Cookies n Cream is black and white. They've been so sweet. Letty is the smartest of the group and has escaped her cage often. She puts my skills to the test for sure.

I am also the owner of two dogs, a cat, a chameleon, annnnnd a whoops litter of baby rats. Like I said...Letty is an escape artist.

Thanks, and glad to be apart of yet another group.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have 7 rats that I am still working on trusting me. The twin girls (they look exactly alike except one has a chip out of her ear) are the most outgoing and have escaped to the top of the cage numerous times. Tomorrow will be the first day I will invite them out of the cage on purpose and into the new playpen I made out of binder clips and tape and wardrobe boxes. Wish me luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts