Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to wave hello and introduce myself. I am an American living in Finland with my hubby, and we have recently brought four rattie females in our life. :) In the past back in America, I had quite a few males when I was a bit younger, but this time we decided to get females instead after falling in love with a couple of tiny girls. I will post pics of them in the appropriate forum later on.

So yeah, just saying hi! Hoping to make some friends here! Take care, everyone~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wonder what it's like living in Finland as an American?
Hmm.. Where to begin? XD People here are very quiet but friendly, and everyone keeps to themselves, mostly. Where in America, a random person will sit down and talk to you, most people here prefer to just do their own thing. It is also cold quite a bit, though not so much in the last couple of years (2014's winter, especially). Lots of snow as well, and no 'snow days' for kids or people alike, no matter how cold it is or what kind of blizzard is coming! Also, there is a lot less convenience here than in America. Stores are often only open until 9pm, and only really small shops or convenient stores are open later. Weekends have even less hours, with everything closing around 6pm (or then not open at all.) The food is also quite different, much more bland and not quite as good (imho, coming from America, at least.)

As for animals, most every type can really only be found via breeders. Some small animals are sold in shops, like hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, and some types of birds. Everything else usually has to be obtained from a breeder, because there is very very little pet overpopulation here. We tried to adopt a dog back in 2012 and there wasn't any available at any of the shelters (a good thing for them, bad for us!) Rats are usually not sold in pet stores either, as ours came from a recognized breeder; we only found one shop that sold them, and they, too, were from an actual breeder who sells to the public.

I could go on and on, but if you have any specific questions, do ask. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi! I'm a bit new myself, but once u get the hang of it you'll be posting threads and comments in no time! Any pics of ur ratties?
I do! I wasn't sure if it was okay to post them here, or the forum for such. Here's what I've got so far, posted below. I have been shying away from taking too many pics, since I don't want to scare them with the flashing so soon after moving in. (We've had them only since. Jan. 19th!)

IMG_1442.jpg (From front to back, Kismet, Nyx, and Reina)
IMG_1410.jpg Kismet
IMG_1455.jpg Reina and Kismet
IMG_1439.jpg Nyx
IMG_1454.jpg Shy Dalia!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Your rats are so cute!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts