Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just posted a paragraph after paragraph introduction of myself and my rattygirls, but for whatever reason it didn't go through. (Shucks!)

Well, either way, my name is Tiara and I live in Minnesota. I have a husband, two sons (8 years old & 8 months old!) and two very new (2 days), very timid rat girls named Scarlet and Alice.
Scarlet & Alice are rescues that I unexpectedly agreed to take on. (I've had rats in the past, so this isn't new to me, but I just never thought I could ever love rats every again after my other girls died of old age. I was wrong!) I've immediately purchased everything needed, and even went as far as building them a (poorly constructed, I might add) castle! The last two days have been hours and hours of trust-training and love.
Scarlet is adapting well; already almost trained enough that she's responding and coming when called by name. (She also is addicted to blueberry yogi drops!)
Alice needs a bit more coaxing. She's less hyper than Scarlet, and doesn't really seem to have any interest in anything but to hide. (I haven't found a treat she likes yet.) Poor girl. So all I can do is keep working with them.
They're scheduled for the vet next week.
I haven't taken any photos as I've been busy bonding with them; so as soon as I get the chance, some will be posted.
In the mean time, please wish me luck with these lovely little girls. They're so sweet and they deserve the absolute best. Which I am desperately trying to ensure for them!
I hope everyone has a great weekend with their families; skin & fur!

Tiara!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, good morning rat lovers! I suppose this will mark my second post!

I wanted to write today to tell you that, in two days, my girls are making leaps of improvement. So much so as kissing my fingers when I put my hand in their cage. <3 - It's a wonderful feeling when pets that you love, share your love in return. <3

They're also happy because I've decorated their cage with fun hides, hammocks, ladders, and chews. But I still haven't gotten any photos yet. Seems my camera is on the fritz. :[ Perhaps I'll have to break out the old-school one and hope it still works!

Anyways, I hope everybody is well. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts