Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
medopipin.jpg

Greetings from Slovenia(EU), from me and my rats Merry and Pipin (those hobits from Lord of the Rings :) ) My boyfriend and I have got them about 4 weeks ago, they are from different dams but they were in the same cage from very begining so they get along just fine :) (no intruduction needed which i think was a good desision for a n00b like me :) )

They have a 3 floor cage where they chill and i try to hang out with them as much as possible. Pipin is beige with black eyes and he was cuddling with everybody before I even got them so he got to trust us verry fast :)

But we do have some trust issues with Merry. He takes food from my hand, when i put him on my sholder occasionaly he licks my face.... But he still seems to be afraid because he keeps pooping and peeing on us :( Even when we put a blancket on the bed and put him there... well yesterday he maneged to stand steel after puting him on the blancket and pooped out 7 big poops!! (no i swear he is a poop-mashine!! ) ...right now I have him on my lap and let him climb over me(which he does) - at start he pooped 4 times and peed on me... make that 5(he just pooped and peed on me again :( - I have him on my lap for about 10min and gently pet him once in a while)

I am really out of ideas! He does not even want to lick Nutela off my fingers(once in a while i give them just a tiny bit of Nutela as reward and they are crazy about it when in a cage)

So basicaly- he never eats anything when i try to bond with him and poops and pees on me all the time - what should i do? :(

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! :) Good luck to you too! :)
I am just happy they get along great. I am trying to feed them directly from my hand as much as possible :) so hopefully also Merry will be able to trust me soon :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts