Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a little under three days I am getting two 5 week old babies from my friend, I am going crazy getting everything ready for them and I know I have everything they need I just have a gnawing anxiety that I'm forgetting something important and in turn I'm driving my boyfriend crazy. The last time I had rats I was 13, so it's been almost 13 years since I've had a pet rat and I am stoked to be a rat mama again. When I learned my friend had baby rats I really wanted to get some but my boyfriend was completely against it so I didn't push it any further than I had and settled with the fact that I'd get some in a couple of years or something, but as fate would have it a couple weeks later the friend called us up and said him and his GF needed help feeding them because their mother had just died so I told them they could bring them over and I'd help as much as I could. So while they were here I had my boyfriend sit down and I handed him a little baby rat to hold and he instantly fell in love, so after that he said we could get some and now we have a cage all set up and ready and I can't wait to bond with my little girls. At some point I wouldn't mind getting a Dumbo or a Siamese but for now I'll be happy with my black hooded girls.

I know that these babies will probably have some issues (hopefully not) and won't live as long as my other girls but I'll love them just as much as I loved Brittany and Val.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Plixlze, enjoy your new babies! I know what you mean, I am setting up the cage and I THINK I have almost everything but I keep feeling like I'm missing something. I've had to sell the idea of having rats to my husband - no cute babies for him to hold until we get ours, but he knows I've done my research and he's putting his trust that all will go well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts