Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just joined up. I am the proud Momma to two sweet little girls. They are Pink-Eyed Whites named Kira and Dax. Theya re 5 months old on Sep 25th and have recently been spayed. They're doing well, although Kira is recovering more slowly having pulled out all her stiches and having a larger wound to heal as a result. I am a University Professor and feel a bit isolated in the North Country (about 20 south of the US/Canadian border). Every time I mention "pet rats" I get funny looks. :)

Best,
Allyn

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Luckily for you if Dax were ever to pass away, you could place her symbiote in a new rat named Ezri! Of course, this would make things VERY awkward with Worf! And then Dax can go on to star in an awful show with Ted Danson.

Welcome!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cjshrader said:
Luckily for you if Dax were ever to pass away, you could place her symbiote in a new rat named Ezri! Of course, this would make things VERY awkward with Worf! And then Dax can go on to star in an awful show with Ted Danson.

Welcome!

Hee hee hee. Glad some one got that reference. :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Late as usual...

Welcome to the forums, Allyn!

Please take a moment to read the site rules and enjoy your stay! :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lol...I hate to say it but I get funny looks over me liking pet rats...I dont currently have any at this point in time, I did have 5 yrs ago but now I want to get some more people think Im weird as. I just say I am unique! :lol:

EDITED: I also have things ratty in my car and pictures on my mobile. Thats another reason people think I am weird. :roll: Well, Im just unique :p

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome :) I spent three weeks at a bio-station in the Adirondacks last June, and it was cold... in June... I hope you and your ratties keep each other warm!! hehe

giddy4ratz said:
I hate to say it but I get funny looks over me liking pet rats...
I get odd looks from my family and my boyfriends family, we both come from farming backgrounds and rats are not appreciated :roll: at least their beginning to differentiate between wild and domestic rats

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
i used to get funny looks and i guess from some people i still (its odd but its more often the guys that have a problem with then the gals in my experience). i don't get the odd looks anymore, i'm known too well now. my psych prof will warn the class that they may hear little squeaks and squeals from my direction when they show the rat pictures.

and my philosophy prof asked me to bring one in one time. he had me stand at the front of the class and introduce spider to everyone. *chuckles* it was a cool little class. there was a person sitting behind me and one seat to the right that wouldn't put her feet on the floor (which made it easier for spider to crawl over to her to say hi if she wanted to actually, but i didn't say anything about it). after class i had a least a dozen people asking to pet and hold her too (all of them girls! hahaha).

welcome to the forums and hope to see some pictures of your little darlings soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts