Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There

After a little deliberation me and my girlfriend have decided to buy two rats!! Yay...

We went out yesterday and bought them from Pets at home, I know it probably wasnt the best idea as we should of maybe of got them from a breeder but they are both in fine health, apart from the 'new home sneezes'!!!

We havent officially thought of any names yet although my partner wants to call them Poohead and Pinata!! Poohead mainly because she bit her this morning!! haha serves her right for disturbing them in the morning...

I have to say I am so pleasantly surprised how they 'play', I had no idea rats could be so much fun to watch and own, I know we have only had them 24hrs but I cannot wait to get home and see them..We were going to bed last night and they decided to keep us up watching them because they started chasing each other around and biting each others tails....soooo funny

Keep an eye on the photos section and we shall get some pix over the next couple of days, not sure what breeds they are so could do with some help if anyone wants to...

Anyway be speaking to some of you again and see you around!

Paul and Fiona

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Welcome! They're so addictive... Do you have boys or girls?

As for the 'poohead' bit... Let's just say that all my rats have nicknames that are... *cough* Less than complimentary.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Paul and Fiona! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have 2 girls, they told us @ the pet shop they are only 8 weeks old, Pinata has just had a nibble of my knuckle aswel now, had my hand in the cage so they could have a sniff of me & get used to my smell...

anybody got any other tips on how to get them used to us?

Fiona & Paul... :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well, certainly let them settle in a bit and then see how lovely they can be. Search up 'forced socialization' and such. You can maybe give them a towel you've slept with to let them smell you all the time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i sometimes sleep in an old tee-shirt, would cutting some of that up work like the towel?

Fiona & Paul(who's in bed with a hangover!!!)

:)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Heck you could give them the whole thing, I'm sure they'd love to crawl in it/use it as bedding/destroy it themselves, if you don't want it anymore. :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha good idea, think we will do that, cant get over how cute they are, I have just been home for my lunch and they were cleaning each other....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts