Rat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Im new :]

Im shArz.
I own alot of furkids (rats mice dogs cats ferrets), ohh and the furlesskids too xD
I also own some featherkids.
I hate town water, only drink filtered or tank.
My favourite colour is black.
I LOVE MUSIC.
I have blue eyes,
Brown hair, which is long.
I like piercings ^^
I also like eyeliner, makeup and photography.
I started scrapbooking on 2nd Of December.
Im in year 8 at school.
I was born on the 8th of March 1994, in a cold country town.
I now reside in Inverell.
I want to be a vet nurse.
I love my rat Rufus.
Im h2o intolerant.
No, not really.
Im incredibly excited about getting my first rex rat.
I cant wait til the second of January.
I dont like plain milk.
Love vanilla thickshakes.
Hate maccas burgers.
Hmm.
I love MSN.
Dislike many stuff.
Love Snickers. And Missy.
Hates it when Missy bites.
Dislikes being shouted at,
Enjoys shouting ;D
I have 3 chickens.
I love photo editting.
Did I say photography?
Multi coloured hair.
Skinnies, converse.

Now, about my rats! I have a favourite, dear ol' Rufus I, soon there will be Rufus II, then hopefully Rufus III, Rufus IV, Rufus V, and you get the picture :]

I also LOVE mice :]

In Oz we dont have many exotic types of rats :( Like dumbo, siamese, hairless, very few manx, and only now are rexes coming round.

Woo, Ive never done that before. So now you have my life story.

:]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou!

Rufus just stuck him nose into my boob o_O Then jumped onto the floor and went exploring. Haha. I love him :]

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
welcome fellow aussie!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou!

Crapola, I reckonise your RIP Ginger from Aussie Rodent Rescue..am I right?

·
Registered
527 Posts
hello and welcome!

i couldn't help but notice that you breed mice/rats.
some people on this forum may be a little sensitive regarding that topic, seeing as how you're still a kid and all (so am i!), but i think breeding is fine as long as you:

a) understand how much work is involved in breeding & raising healthy, happy rodent babies, and finding excellent homes for them
b) have the finances for cages, vet care, etc
c) are being mentored/have been mentored by a good breeder
d) have homes lined up and understand that you may have to keep some or all of a litter
e) don't breed pet store rats, only ones you obtained from a breeder
f) you breed for the aim of improving the species, not for money or anything else

but i'm sure you're an ethical breeder and know all this, so i'll shut up. ;]

on that note, it must be hard work but very rewarding..all those adorable little bubs running around! <3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont breed very regularly. I have only had 2 rat litters. I do have the finances, well my Mum does, and I pay her back ;]

I am mentored by a very high breeder here, she lives 1 hour away, and we are good friends. She helps me alot :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EDIT:

I also dont agree with not breeding from petshop rats. Here in Oz, the first rex and BEW rats were from petshops. My litters have been from pedigreed rats, but if a rat is healthy has a great personality and doesnt have any health problems then why not?

·
Registered
527 Posts
RampagingRodents said:
EDIT:

I also dont agree with not breeding from petshop rats. Here in Oz, the first rex and BEW rats were from petshops. My litters have been from pedigreed rats, but if a rat is healthy has a great personality and doesnt have any health problems then why not?
because your specific pet store rat may be healthy and friendly, but it may have unknown genetic conditions that could be passed on to its babies if it is bred from.
i do know all pedigreed rats were once pet store rats, but its only through careful breeding of these select rats that there came to be a pedigree line. constantly breeding pet store rats at random with one another is very bad.
i hope i don't sound like i'm arguing..i don't mean to. xD

·
Registered
343 Posts
[align=center]Welcome!

I don't think RampagingRodents is just throwing random petstore rats together. What she listed is what a good breeder would go by when breeding an unpedigreed rat to get a totally fresh line.[/align]

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
RampagingRodents said:
Thankyou!

Crapola, I reckonise your RIP Ginger from Aussie Rodent Rescue..am I right?
yepyep, that would be me

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Hey, I think your site has a problem, whenever I close it down after posting a reply, it opens millions of IE's and then the computer dies, it doesnt happen with any other website.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts