Rat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm going to adopted 2 males on Friday. The petshop said they just got a shipment in of feeder rats. {I was appauled} I don't ever wanna hear the words "Feeder Rats". I'm saving 2 lives on Friday. It's been awhile since I've have the pleasure of their company. Can anyone help me with 2 male names? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Most people here will not condone petshop "rescues" as all it tends to do is tell the petshop there is a market for feeder rats, so they breed and sell more of them. There's usually true rat rescues about, you could look into those, if you wanted. :?

Welcome to the forum, nonetheless. :)

As for names, well, I'm not much help... all my boys are named after booze.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was going to go to Petsmart. This other petshop is close to us. I just feel better saving at least 2 of these babies from this awfull shop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
welcome!
i almost got bet up by my bro today for trying to save 2 of the feeder rats he has in his room....he has a pythone and also has a friend who breeds for feeders...i guess he is kindda right though Snakes have to eat 2.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I agree with Forensic, but in a way its like being torn in 2 i guess, you want to save the rats that are there, but you're actually adding to the problem by purchasing them. I'm not one to point fingers in situations like this because I purchased my rat from a pet store, although they were not feeder rats... If you do adopt the two boys from the pet store, you're actually condemning more rats to the lives that are currently being lead by the rats you intend to adopt. Plus there are high risks that they will be ill or diseased, irresponsible pet stores are a lose, lose situation.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to Petco on my lunch break and saw the 2 babies I want. I'm getting them Friday after work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts