Rat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! First time posting here, although I've been browsing quite a lot as a guest while we thought about adding some rats to our family.So firstly, I'll introduce myself! My name is Hope, I'm from Yorkshire in the UK and I'm a first time rat mama. We used to have rats when we were kids and I have loved them ever since. My hubby took a little more convincing! He admitted he thought they were dirty animals, as most people I know do. We were browsing around our local pet shop one day for our other animals and I had a cuddle of a little cutie pie who snuggled right into my neck. My hubby was immediately won over by these sweet animals, of course! He is the type of person who researches EVERYTHING before he buys, and I mean everything. Later that night I caught him researching the best cages for rats and watching videos on YouTube. A week (and a lot of research ;)) later, we brought home our two 10 week old boys, one of which is the same rattie I snuggled the week before. Our boys are called Neville and Remus. We brought them home Monday evening and they're settling in very well. They are almost identical, but Neville has a slightly wider head and a loveable dopey expression. Neville is pretty outgoing, fairly confident already and definitely going to be a snuggly lazy rat! Remus is a little more shy, he tends to take Neville's lead but loves to explore. We had our first proper cuddle today with him climbing onto me, so I'm currently a very happy rat mama! As well as getting to know each other we are also litter training while they're still babies. So far so good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts