Rat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hello all! My name is Dawn and my daughter's name is Hannah. We are the proud parents of a new rat, Turfle. We are very new to having a rat, but would love to learn. Our rat is an American Blue rat and she is a she. She is our only rat at this time as we have 4 cats and a large fish tank. We try to keep Turfle content as the only rat by giving her lots of homemade toys and we take her out and about when we go places. She is quite friendly. We hope to learn all sorts of new things here so, feel free to say hi!! Thanks!
Dawn, Hannah and Turfle Trybjorn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi and welcome! Turfle sounds adorable. I hope when your situation changes you decide to get a cage-mate for her because rats really do need the company of other rats! I can't wait to see more pictures! :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi! Your little rattie sounds adorable! (aren't blue rats the best!? :D ) I love her name, did you or your daughter come up with it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys!! She is one of the cutest things I have ever had. And she is seriously smart! I mean my sweet kitties are really smart but I think Turfle is smarter. AMAZING!!! :eek: My daughter came up with the name as it is the name of a pet ladybug in the book "Time stops for no mouse" by Micheal Hoeye. The lead mouse's name is Hermux! I totally recommend this book to anyone! It was a fun read.

·
Registered
626 Posts
You think she's smart now, wait till she gets older! Pretty soon she'll be out smarting you! It's not long before she relizes her cute little face + a sad look = anything her heart desires. I should know I have been owned by 6 of the smartest rats ever and am currently being owned by 2! :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is hilarious.. Well we have been well trained by the kitties who own us now. So she will have no problems...She already knows who will let her have anything...that, of course, being grandma (me) as she is my daughter's. LOL

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all of you who welcomed us to your forum. I have great news!!!!!!!!!! We are going to get Turfle a FRIEND!!! That will put us up to two for the cute rat catagory. I will post pictures and a hello as soon as we get her! WOO HOO!!!!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yay! All ratties need rattie friends, I'm sure Turfle will be so happy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Forensic! One of my favorite hobbies is forensic science so I love the nickname. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts