Rat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

So glad to be here. :) I have 3 beautiful girls, Chummy (11mo), Jenny and Trixie (5mo). (Anyone pick up the nod to Call the Midwife?) I just recently (2 weeks ago) got them from our local SPCA. The mom, Chummy, was surrendered to them because she had become pregnant. They didn't give me any information on the rest of the litter, but what I do know is that once the babies were big enough, Jenny and Trixie were put up for adoption with their mother. They were taken by someone who later had to surrender them because she was moving to Alberta (rat ban province :( ). And thus they came to me!

Chummy is momma rat and a bit older and boy does it show! She is far more mellow then either of her daughters and is slowly learning to be my hood rat. She loves her food and grooming her (not so) little girls.

Trixie is named aptly as she is the one to get into the most mischief. She likes to climb all over the cage and try to swipe her sister's cheerios when she thinks I'm not looking. Oddly enough, she is also the most easily startled. She will always be the first to high-tale it out of a situation if she is frightened and will hide in the igloo.

Jenny is another mischief maker, but nowhere as near as tricksy and Trixie. :p She's young, adventurous and squeaky; she grouses whenever her mother cleans her.

All three can be skittish, but they're still very new to this house and its routines. I coax them with healthy snacks and we're working on it. They come to the door right away, but aren't sure about cuddling with me. I am looking forward to reading more and sharing in discussions with you all!

I have had a rat before several years ago. She was a single lady and I got her through a biopsychology project in high school. Yes, she was given to me alone, and yes, I know that that is not good for ratties. I had her out for hours because she was a snuggler and was happy to just hang out when I was doing my homework or watching TV. Her name was Mo and I miss her dearly. I did my best caring for her, but in hindsight, I could have improved a lot. Hence, with the arrival of my new girls, my arrival here! Always looking for new opinions and advice.

As for me, I am a newly certified elementary school teacher. I love Dr Who, Girl Guides and of course, my three little ratties. Looking forward to getting to know you! ;D

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Welcome to the forum ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts