Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I've owned rats when I was younger. Say 3 yrs old to 9yrs old. Now I am 25 and decided to get a rat. I never trained them. My mother did that. They were already socialized from regular shops. That handled rats from young.
I got this one from petco. So, maybe 4 months at youngest? She is albino with a small patch of light blondish brown on her back. I I'm to the point after a week. I'm ready send her back. She made a little progress earlier. Till I read emmersion process or w/e it is. I never could handle her. Without her trying to flee from my hand. Find a place to hide under. Whether it be under my legs or anything. I would enter the cage with my hand palm out. Or come near cage. She would run to a corner and freeze. Would take 10-15min for her to even take a cheerio. Then she wouldn't even take anything. Even after she did the play attacking on my hand and arm. Then run up the cage and hide in my long Johns I had for her to lay in. So i tried emmersion. She did instantly run I mean freaked out. Trying to find a corner to hide. I had most areas blocked off. I got near her would pull her head away. Watching me with one eye. Showing she wanted me to leave or piss off.
Now she just don't like me what so ever. Tried strawberry yogurt she doesn't try it. Tried the blueberry yogies covering a nut from petco. The yogurt covered nuts from Walmart doesn't try anything. Cheerios was it but doesn't take em anymore.
Suggestions cause I'm tired of reading and typing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have literally the exact same problem. Mine is an albino from petsmart. Do you have 2 rats or just one. I have 2 and it is my albino that acts like this. Any advice would be great, as I have the same issue.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have one right now. Might go to a real pet shop or if I could find a breeder near me. That handles pet rats from young. If not next week a pet shop will have some that are 4 weeks old and I can maybe tame a her and then introduce them together. In hopes that the one i have now follows the other into liking me.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I am giving up on this rat with out being able to handle her. Or be in immersion she constantly only looks for a place to hide then never comes out for 2hrs she didn't move so she is just a waste of a pet.
Treats she wont take from me anymore. If I cant find a way to see improvement in 3 days shes just going to my friend for snake food i think.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Maybe pets aren't meant for you. How dare you come to a RAT PET FORUM and talk about a RAT as a WASTE OF A PET and say you'll give her as SNAKE FOOD. I hope she kills the snake, I hope you never get another pet, and I hope you never learn what love for pets are. They aren't meant to ENTERTAIN you and they aren't something that "well you tried so I'll love you. Insert coin for affection". How abhorrent.

I'm adding you to my ignore list, a first! I just wish I could've flagged you for a ban.
I flagged the comment. I hope everyone does. This honestly makes me so mad!

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see I finally got someone pissed off. Love my Job. Another one for the records to show how easy it is to make people mad. Online/offline. Newspapers gonna like this one.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Erika, thank you for quoting that post. I can no longer see what they write. I get to report them for trolling. Now, everyone should avoid this thread until it is taken care of.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My editors mostly look for people with calm minds. That will offer suggestions, help, and everything else. In a good manner. But, I constantly tell them with how things go now a days. People, human race is so eagar to point fingers, name call, let alone shun those around them. 90% of humans are so simple minded and cruel and rude. It is to easy for me to prove this to them anymore.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This thread has gotten entirely out of hand and will be closed while warnings and offenses are contemplated by the administration team.

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
I don't care how cruel or horrible a post is. DO NOT REACT IN AN INFLAMMATORY MANNER AND ESCALATE THE SITUATION. Report the thread and let mods take care of it. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in how this thread was handled by the community. You guys know better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.