Rat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
你好, Γειάσου, こんにちは, 여보세요, Здравствулте!, Bonjour, Hallo, Ciao, Hola, and Hello!

My name is Christopher, but I go by many a nickname such as, but not excluding any others are;

Jet, Humpy, Ladada, Chris or anything you feel appropriate to notify me as.

I don't own any pets, as much as I would love to, I unfortunately can't house any for now. Not until I am on my own at least due to a sibling with allergies and a mother whom is terrified of certain pets.

I am 18, still at home and currently trying anything to at least get a fish to talk with. Something along those lines at least to keep me company, as much company as a fish can offer I do suppose.

However, I'm here mainly as a time to pass time and see if there's anything that can get me going in the pet world, or the rat world to be specific.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
that sucks that you dont have a pet! believe me, fish do get boring after awhile. is your mom scared of snails? you could just get a tank and put some caves, leaves, stems, rocks, water and food in it then pick some snails from the garden.

proud mommy of my 3 snails Emma/Gary, Bananas, Ozzy R.I.P Hershey
rats: Ozzy and hyper
dogs: dribbles and max RIP tonka and ginger
guinea pig: RIP Guinea
fish: bubbles, pebbles, fishy, salt RIP pepper
birds: RIP tony and sally

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good suggestion! I'll have to look into how to take care of snails. And I'll give it a shot for sure, once again though as I mentioned earlier with fish though. I'm not sure how much company I can get.

A fish I can star at, maybe even put some odd random pieces of furniture in for decoration for the fish. Then again I suppose I could do the same for snails, I'll have to see how my mother stands on them as well.

My mother is a very picky person which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
it really is kinda fun letting them crawl on you, plus they cant hear, you will most likely end up with babies, since they are girls and boys at the same time, cant remember the word. i didnt even tell my mom when i brought my snails, moth and frog in the house. she doesnt really care aslong as its not a lizard, snake or something that can get out

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the term is transgender, or hermaphrodite. Or even unisexual.

Back to basics though, I've never really been a fat of anythign really crawling over me that was smaller than maybe.. a rodent, only because .. to be blantely honest, it had fur and it was new to me.

Snails I might leave inside the glass case, but I'm betting at some point in time I'll feel intrigued to possibly give it a shot.

So I'm not saying I wont, I'm just admitting that I'm nervous about it and not fond of the idea of them crawling over me right now.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i dont blame you, but you do have to let them out of the tank sometimes, remember they used to have the whole world, now they are in a case

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats very true. I would only be transfering them to a larg-er tank then.. mainly because I don't have the room for much.

Which originally is why I suggested fish because they're so tank dependent that I can clean the tank and place them back into the water and leave it at that.

Where as I wouldn't need to put them in any more open spaces.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sue if they're allergy free or not, but either way my mom refuses to have any in the house, especially after her past which apparently prevents her from even being near mice.

·
Registered
527 Posts
hi and welcome!
you can talk to me anytime you like. =)
i had no pets at home for a while, but i somehow managed to convince my mother (who is a very stubborn and rather close minded person) to let me get a pair of rats. i've only had them for 5 days, but they're already quite used to me and being handled.
i'm sure you'll get some pets of your own soon!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
well until you can get your own (and you know you want demus and blitz) you can be surrogate dad for my rat babies. we're up to 11 now, but i think you met the new one already anyway. oh, stewie is in with the girls now too.

its nice to see you've finally joined. you'll have a good time here. the people are really nice and there's always something interesting being discussed. don't hang back and jump right in.

one thing though, please read the forum rules located at the top of the lounge section.

now that you're here i'll be expecting to see lots from you. and you really need to drop by again sometime. its been a while since we hung out. anyway, enjoy the forums.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jellybeanqueen said:
hi and welcome!
you can talk to me anytime you like. =)
i had no pets at home for a while, but i somehow managed to convince my mother (who is a very stubborn and rather close minded person) to let me get a pair of rats. i've only had them for 5 days, but they're already quite used to me and being handled.
i'm sure you'll get some pets of your own soon!
I can only hope Jellbeanqueen.

Until then though I'll have to invade Twitch's house every friday or so to see how demus, blitz, and of course my new favorite *although I'm not one to pick favorites* Sook is doing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
twitch said:
well until you can get your own (and you know you want demus and blitz) you can be surrogate dad for my rat babies. we're up to 11 now, but i think you met the new one already anyway. oh, stewie is in with the girls now too.

its nice to see you've finally joined. you'll have a good time here. the people are really nice and there's always something interesting being discussed. don't hang back and jump right in.

one thing though, please read the forum rules located at the top of the lounge section.

now that you're here i'll be expecting to see lots from you. and you really need to drop by again sometime. its been a while since we hung out. anyway, enjoy the forums.
I know! I'll definitely have to come over again, I'm just looking for a time that's good with you, since your back in school and all.

And as for holding back here, I think I just need to get more into the community so more. You know, get my name out a little and be a little more open into what's going on and build some more friendships here as well. Just like on many other social networking sites.

And yes, I do want rats, I want Demus and Blitz.

As for reading over the rules of the form I'll give them a good thorough scan over tonight and try and keep within the guidelines to them.

And since I'm jumping around a lot, I have to say it again, I can't stress it enough, we definitely need to hang out again.

I really wanna see if Sook got any more hyped up or if she's still the calm timid one.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
well she's not so timid anymore but still leaps and bounds calmer then ink or babydoll. though i guess that doesn't take much either. i'm normally ok to hang out on a saturday afternoon unless sick so keep chekcing back for around then.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
*nods* Saturday afternoon it is then. I'll be sure to call before hand too.

As well, I have to see how confident Sook is now too, if she is as much as you say she is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts