Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I created an account here mostly because I am a brand new rat owner and I am a little puzzled with one of my rats' behavior. I'm hoping some of the more experience posters can help me out. I'm determined to have rats that I can handle comfortably.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyway, here's the situation. I got my two little girls two days ago. The first day I left them alone and let them adjust to their new cage. The next day I started putting my hand in the cage to let them sniff it. This is when I started getting a little concerned because one of the girls, named Tex, would come up to sniff my hand and then kept attempting to bite it. I don't think it is fear because she would actually come to me. Then today I started offering them stuff like fruit on the palm of my hand. At this point I had the back of my hand flat on the cage floor with the food in my palm. Tex actually came up and bit the side of my pointer finger, close to the knuckle. It was kind of hard. It only drew a tiny pin prick of blood. I'm confused as to why she would do this??? The other girl is great. Doesn't nip at all and is way more timid.

·
Registered
953 Posts
there are stickies in the behavioral section for training rats who nip. I don't have an personal experience myself, I've never had anyone who even nipps. Even my 12 1/2 wild kids are just sweeties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts