Rat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) hi im teresa, i hav 3 rats..Tom, Dix and Harry.
Harry is mine he has to visit the vet frequently due to an accident with a brick left in the cage to keep nail down! he was knocked off the feeding station by Tom and landed face first on the brick. so if u r advised to do the same please learn from my mistake and keep the brick tucked well out of the way...pref under the feeding station. he now has to hav his teeth clipped or burred once a fortnight or so. he hates it bein done but its necessary im afraid as his teeth grow and curl like tusks and will embed themselves into his cheek! :(
Tom is my sons rat...hes v inquisitive, friendly and luvs cuddles. he is by far the most tame of the three...prob due to Joes constant handling from young. (the other two were never so keen to be held)
Dix (was Dick but my daughters classmates took the micky) is the quietest one. recently he was poorly and off his food...however, i had loads of info from a v kind person on a forum like this. we got him to the vet and he had an antibiotic jab...he now prefers to eat anything thats not rat food lol. hes costin me a fortune in baby food (?), loves chicken, veg, potatoes, live yoghurt and im goin to try him on a little dog food later (tho wasnt sure what to get...hav brought a small foil pack of food 4 small dogs 2 try just hope that'l b ok). any other suggestions of food suitable will be gratefully received!!!
hope 2 hear from u soon

·
Registered
482 Posts
I did wonder about the 'Dix' haha, but it is understandable!

Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Welcome :) How are the boys?

There's a sticky in the health section on diet... that you've probably seen by now ::oops::... that might help you figure out the dog food issue.

*please type in full words, it takes me much longer to read *text* speak, I usually just skip the posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry glindella. i wont use text talk again (slap wrist lol)
well, dix decided he didnt much like the dog food anyway, he prefers the baby food and fresh veg that hes been munchin on! (not that he's fussy or anything :D )
apart from that they are all ok (touch wood). harry had his teeth burred again last Monday, and has been scoffing everything in sight. i've also given him some babyfood as he finds it easier to eat than rat nuggets/mix. but he did try to give a peanut a good munch (it was quite comical watchin him trying to get through the shell. but he kept going until he succeeded!!!)
i want to try to have a go at making my own cage next. im not much good usually at these things (maybe because stuff like that doesn't interest me normally) but im going to give it my best shot.
well...we'll see.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts