Rat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My name is D and I have six rats-girls Sprinkles, Miffy, Pimento, boys Gotham, Robot, and Twenty-Six. A friend of mine had a litter of rats, and asked me if I wanted any. I said I would take two girls, and when they were ready she brought them to me. She asked if I wanted the momma, too and I tried to say no, but she said "ok, I'll just take her to Petco" and I said "NO". So I took them home and two days later the momma had NINE MORE BABIES! She gave birth to the first litter at night, and her previous owner didn't take the dad out of their cage until the next morning-oops! I was able to find a fabulous home for five of the babies, and that's how I ended up seven rats. (I lost Becky earlier this year) We have had some health challenges-Sprinkles, Miffy, and Pimento have all had tumor surgery, Gotham and Robot both have tumors, and poor Twenty-Six's back legs don't work. I have to trim the boy's teeth, they don't match up so they do't get ground down. Twenty-Six lost weight before I discovered this problem. The boys also were just treated for mites, boy is that a pain! Despite our challenges everyone seems happy. I know I am!

·
Registered
814 Posts
welcome to the forum!!! are your little ones Dumbo? standard? do you have blues? fawns? ooo i wanna know more :p :D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts