Rat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

My name is Felix and I'm a first-time rat owner. My rat's name is Penelope, she's only 40 grams right now and she's a cute lil thing. :) I know a lot about rats from reading but am still learning and getting experience because she's my first rat. My family loves her and I can't wait to watch her grow up and see her intelligence!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Felix!
I'm also a first time rat owner, I bought my 4 boys earlier in the week and I'm doing exactly the same as you, still learning and getting the experience. That's why I signed up to this forum, the expertise of knowledge here is great and has really helped me so far with caring for my boys I.E healthy diets (what they can and can't eat) bathing, their behaviour etc. so I'm sure it will help you too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Felix, as you'll probably read in these forums, rats should be in pairs at the minimum. It's just that they are such social animals and we humans can't give them what they need from another rat. If at all possible, please try to adopt one or two more girls. Three works because if one passes, there are still two left. I personally have 7. Yes, my hands are full. LOL Glad to have you in the rat forums. You're gonna love having rats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome! I am also a first-time rat owner. I got my girls in March when they were 5 weeks old and it has definitely been fun watching them grow and discovering their personalities. I hope you enjoy your rat as much as I do mine!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the board :) I'm new around here as well.

I'd recommend getting at least a second rat - rats are generally much happier in pairs or small groups.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome! I'm also a newbie! I got my two babies last sunday.
As a few of the members mentioned, it'd be great to get Penelope a buddy!
I hope you and I have a lot of fun with our ratties. xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts