Rat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just made my account and i dont know where else to ask this question cause i cant post in Rat Health....Okay so i have a 5 year old rat, two days ago he started to breath really heavy when he would get excited or i would bring him out of my room, im pretty sure its a respiratory infection. i have to hold him to calm him down and relax him, and even after i do that he is still breathing heavy. I DO NOT have a exotic vet anywhere near me anymore within a 6hr drive, my exotic vet recently left the veterinarian office place where she work about 2 months ago. and i dont think i would be able to keep him calm for 6hrs in the car. i just really wanna know how i can make him feel better and what could help him or waht i could give him to help him, cause i know he does not have much longer he is almost 6 years old.

sorry if this has alot of typos im in a rush, and i dont know what to do.

i've had a total of 9 rats and only had to deal with one that had a respiratory infection. and he is showing the same signs as that one.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Wow 5 years. Honestly it might just be old age getting him. It might be his time.

You can order Doxy or Baytril online and see if they will help.
I will pm u details.

I am not a vet, I am not sure if he would be ok dosing yourself at home at his age.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts