Rat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there!

My name is Sierra. I'm a freshman in college (hopefully studying accounting. Who knows!) I currently own one rat by the name of Daisy. She's a cute little brown and white speckled dumbo rat who is battling lice right now ( :( :( ) She's 2 1/2 now. Her cagemates have all passed away, and I've decided she's going to be my last rat, but I'm determined to make her last year or so worthwhile! I don't have any pictures of her on this computer, but when I do, you'll see tons of her :)

The reason I joined this forum is because I'm running out of options for treating Daisy's lice!

- Olive Oil
- Kitten Shampoo
- Flea Comb
- Dawn Dish soap

Those are all of the things people have suggested to me, and all have failed. She's still crawling with them :( I've finally found Ivermectin online (Nobody carries it locally...) If that doesn't work, I'll be turning here for help!

·
Banned
6,244 Posts
If you can see bugs crawling on her they may be lice, but mites which are smaller are more common, you usually can't see them... I use Revolution for mites, it might work for lice too.

Ivermectin is pretty easy to overdose and some rats have bad reactions to us, Revolution is a lot safer and it protects for a month. I get it from a vet that doesn't see or treat rats. It costs under $20.00, search the threads for more information.

Best luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts