Rat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is margo, I have two dumbo Rex, jinx and ruby, and an albino named goose. They are all females and under 6 months old. I got jinx and Ruby from a lady on Craigslist. I don't think they were handled enough, or at all, when they were babies because they are pretty skittish and really don't enjoy being held at all. Goose I got from my friends little sister, she bought her on an impulse buy at petco and then realized she couldn't take care of it. I introduced goose to jinx and ruby and they all got along great so I decided to keep her. I think goose is closer to 3 or 4 months old where jinx and ruby are more 5 or 6 months old. I'm not really sure. Every night I scoot their cage up to the couch and they love to run out and explore and play on the couch. They even go back in the cage to go to the bathroom which is great and I didn't even teach them that. None of them really enjoy being pet though, they run away when I try to touch them. I love observing them and watching them play but my other two rats I had before these guys (RIP daisy and daf?) loved to cuddle with me and daisy would even beg me to pet her. By beg I mean she would scoot herself under my hand and press up into it. Daf took more time to warm up to me so I'm hoping as these guys get older They will warm up to my touch. I got Daf and daisy when they were 1.5 years old and they did try to run when I would pick them up when I first got them, but then after I had them for a while they were comfortable with me and let me scoop them up no problem. With my new babies, When I first introduced goose to jinx and ruby, it seemed that goose made them less skittish and relieved some anxiety for them. Now it seems like goose has gotten More skittish and has absorbed some of jinx and ruby's nervous behaviors bc she really wasnt nervous at all when i got her. I might want to add that we moved to a new place a couple weeks ago, so that could be adding to it and hopefully they will adjust completely soon. Ruby is currently trying to eat my socks right now as I type.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts