Rat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the forums, but not so much to rats. I've been keeping rats for almost 15 years now. I absolutely adore rats, and thought it would be cool to join a forum where I could chat with other rat owners. I've always kept rats in pairs, and right now I have a pair of girls, Arrietty and Ayame. I'm not sure of their exact age, but I have had them since March 2012 and they were nearly full grown - so I would estimate them to be around three years old. They have been very stereotypical female rats - always on the move! They are starting to show their age though, and one of them has been battling bouts of respiratory illness over the past few months.

After the girls I have now, I'm actually planning on taking a break from rat keeping for a bit to upgrade to a bigger setup. For the past six years I have been moving around a lot, so I needed a smaller cage that was easy to take apart, move, and put back together. Most of my stuff is totally worn out and needs replaced also. Now that I'm out of college and at a more stable point in my life, I'm wanting to upgrade to a critter nation double unit - but they are expensive, and I really do need to replace pretty much everything so I'm going to try to slowly accumulate stuff for a while and get a nice setup going. I'm hoping to get some inspiration from people here, especially since I've never had a critter nation!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.