Rat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D
Hello everyone. i dont own a rat right now, but have fell in love with dumbo rats. so i am planning on getting a rat in the near future. so i guess im really here to learn things and talk to people.

i will let everyone know when i get my own rat or two :wink:

·
Registered
527 Posts
i'm glad ratties won you over! ;]

be sure to get two, 'cause rats NEED companions.
and hey, another cute ratty wouldn't hurt you, would it? :wink:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dumbo rats aren't greatly common, and are a bit dearer. Like Queen said - just because other ratties ears are smaller doesn't make them less cute, does it? :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe, the reason i fell inlove with the dumbo's is because i met one and he was so funny and i loved how cute the big eyes look. i would love to get any kind of rat. but i would absolutely love a dumbo.

and there are alot of dumbos near me. i live in canada. but they are a bit expensive. but they are so worth it.

another question, has anybody had siamese rats before. i saw them at the pet shoppe and wasnt sure about them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome! If your looking to learn info about ratties just browse the forums and you'll find tons of helpful stuff! As for Siamese, they're just like any other rat only they have absolutley beautiful coloring!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just a couple friendly tips to help you in your adoption:

I'd like to strongly suggest getting rats from a good breeder. Even if a pet store had dumbo rats I'd be hesitant adopting any. The reason is, that sort of environment is not as loving, clean, or safe enough for a mom rat and her litter. There's usually a good breeder within a day's drive of your home, and if not, it could be arranged to meet half way.

Getting two rats is essential, as everyone will quickly point out. I had four rats over the last few years, and when I was left with one rat I found him to be often lonely and unhappy without me. The fact is, rats need constant attention, and really prefer to sleep with another rat around.

The third thing is, please look up about what cages and bedding are best for ratties. I've found aquariums not to be the best pick. They can be okay if they are big enough, but I still think a nice open cage is best. Let us know what you are thinking of doing in terms of adoption, I am sure we will all be happy to give advice.

Best of luck,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts